Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Frostbite - Turn 2 - Abandoned Base

This is the 2nd time that Dave's Monkeys and my Therians have clashed at the Abandoned Base, and this battle was pretty damn entertaining to play. Dave pushed 2 companies in the sector, allowing him to mix and match his army lists - maximizing the number of Monkey mechs he could field. I still had Tiamat's company controlling the sector from the first week.

Dave's forces, again, entered the sector on the Western edge. He quickly gained control of the 2 Karman crystals and started collecting RP. I entrenched what few infantry I had on the objective markers, and set Tiamat to reproducing Hekats as quickly as she could. (I was using the same strategy of 'camping' and harassing Dave's small mechs and infantry with Hekats to prevent his entry to the Abandoned Base).

This battle, however, turned out differently than the Turn 1 battle. Dave made quite an impact with his Buggy and Trikes. My Hekats weren't produced quickly enough to halt his advance, and it didn't take long for Dave's Monkey mechs to get in the Base and start creating havoc. Dave scored a major moral victory in this battle by taking out Tiamat. (I could have respawned her, but I would have forfeited VP in the process, risking the loss of the battle).

In the end, Dave and I fought to a draw - even at 20VP. Both of our forces were pushed out of the sector. I think, though, that I suffered the brunt of the attrition in the battle - losing Tiamat was expensive and puts a serious hole in that company.

4 comments:

  1. Have you guys seen this thread?
    http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?551794-AT-43-Completely-dead-in-the-water/page5

    There is also a thread about color matching.
    I want to see some modelling from Seatown homies.
    Wuzzup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked through that one a little. One of the main reasons AT-43 was so easy to get into was the fact that it's dead. Over the past year there were a lot of online sellers getting rid of their stock for super-cheap prices. And players who were getting rid of their collections. I don't think any of us could have afforded the game at MSRP.

    Hell, I'd be happy with getting some more games in. We haven't been able to battle since you visited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about an update Keane?
    What's going on guys?

    ReplyDelete